Soho’s Best Street Food – A Londoner’s Guide
Soho, one of London’s most vibrant and lively neighborhoods, is home to some of the best street food in the city. From classic British staples to international dishes from around the world, there’s something for everyone in Soho. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a full meal, this guide will help you find the perfect street food for your palate. So grab a bite to eat and explore the unique flavors that Soho has to offer!
The best street food in Soho
London’s Soho district is a vibrant area full of history and life, and the street food offerings here are no exception. From delicious Mexican fare to juicy burgers and hearty tacos, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. It’s hard to go wrong when it comes to finding delicious street food in Soho, but here are a few places you won’t want to miss.
Taco Taco is one of the most popular spots in Soho for a quick and delicious bite. With everything from nachos to burritos to tacos, this Mexican eatery will have your mouth watering. The smell of freshly cooked chorizo fills the air and their signature tacos are simply irresistible.
If burgers are more your style, Big Ben Burger is the place for you. Their burgers are so delicious it’s almost like having your first crush all over again. Perfectly seasoned beef patties served with your choice of toppings make these burgers the talk of the town.
For those with a sweet tooth, there’s no better spot than Sweet Tooth Cafe. This cozy cafe serves up some of the best desserts in Soho, from ice cream sundaes to decadent cheesecakes. They also have a great selection of sandwiches and salads for those looking for something savory.
So whether you’re looking for Mexican cuisine, burgers, or a sweet treat, Soho has you covered when it comes to street food. With these options, it’s easy to see why so many Londoners flock to this vibrant neighborhood.
How to get to Soho, London
From Marylebone Station:
For the foodie on the move, getting to Soho from Marylebone Station can be a bit of a challenge. But fear not! If you take the Bakerloo Line to Oxford Circus and then follow Oxford Street to the heart of Soho, you’ll have arrived at your destination in no time.
From Waterloo Station:
For the foodie that has to make a few stops before reaching Soho, take the Northern Line to Leicester Square and then follow Charing Cross Road until you reach your final destination.
From Kings Cross Station:
If you’re making your way from Kings Cross Station, then the quickest way to get to Soho is by taking the Piccadilly Line to Leicester Square, then follow the same instructions as from Waterloo Station.
The best time to eat street food in Soho
If you’re looking for the best time to enjoy street food in Soho, London, it’s important to avoid the busiest times. Google Maps shows that the area is usually bustling during the day, especially on weekends. However, if you’re looking for an evening meal with a bit of atmosphere, then you can head out after 11pm and still find plenty of vendors.
For tacos and other Mexican dishes, this is definitely the best time to go. The combination of delicious food and countless martinis on offer is hard to beat. It’s also a great way to experience Soho’s unique nightlife and all its unique characters. So get out there and experience the street food of Soho London!
The best places to eat street food in London
1. MEATliquor: This is a foodie’s paradise! With greasy burgers, boozy shakes and cocktails, you can’t go wrong. Rated 4.5/5.
2. Yalla Yalla: This Lebanese restaurant offers mouth-watering shawarma wraps and delicious falafel. Rated 4/5.
3. Patty & Bun: If you’re a burger lover, this is the place for you! Juicy patties and classic sides like fries and onion rings are sure to hit the spot. Rated 4/5.
4. Hally’s: Indulge in some classic fish and chips here! Freshly cooked with crispy batter, you’ll be sure to leave with a smile on your face. Rated 4/5.
5. Stax Diner: Enjoy classic American diner food with a twist. Think vegan burgers, mac ‘n’ cheese and fried chicken. Rated 3.5/5.
6. Chicama: This ceviche bar is a must for seafood lovers! Enjoy a selection of fresh fish dishes cooked to perfection. Rated 4/5.
7. Taqueria: Love Mexican food? Head to Taqueria for tacos, burritos, enchiladas and more. Rated 4/5.
8. Polpo: This Venetian tapas bar is the perfect spot for small plates and Italian wine. Rated 4/5.
9. Hakkasan: Get your hands on some of the best Chinese cuisine in town here! Rated 4/5.
10. The Palomar: Tuck into traditional Israeli street food like hummus and falafel, along with a selection of Middle Eastern-inspired dishes. Rated 4/5.