Job Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to help us achieve and further our Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery automation within our cloud platforms. We are heavily using AWS and have a very small Azure presence. The ultimate goal is to achieve and maintain automated build, deploy, and scale architectures with our new product development to deliver our solution as a basic SaaS to our customers. The Architecture is basic micro services utilizing: templates, load and application balancers, containers, persistent storage and data services. We will be move more into global regions with the HIPAA and GDPR requirements that those deployments entail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Design, develop and deliver scalable and automated services architecture
• Create software delivery pipelines for various enterprise customers and services
• Enable resilience and high availability for numerous platforms, from bleeding-edge cloud applications to on-premise legacy environments
• Ensure full-stack software solutions are architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies
• Collaborate to define best practices and standards around DevOps and service resilience
• Create solutions to generate metrics to facilitate a deep understanding of the service
• Optimize and support our existing public cloud-based solutions and workloads
The Ideal Candidate
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable knowledge of DevOps in an Enterprise setting, both on public cloud (AWS) and on-premise
• Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development
• Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share with the rest of the team as well as mentor junior members
• Demonstrable experience automating CI/CD platforms end to end.
• Experience managing and deploying containers with Docker, Kubernetes or similar.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years building full-stack software solutions, architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies
• 2+ years of full-stack IT experience: *nix, Windows, hardware, network/firewall concepts, public cloud services, LDAP/Active Directory, DNS, automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
• Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, ECS, and IAM)
• Hands-on experience with Orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
• Deep understanding of security best practices and standards around cloud computing and access management
• Experience with various database technologies (NoSQL, SQL) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON)
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related quantitative field
US Candidates Only
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remoteok.io/jobs/71496→